The Jobs Bill
Jobs. Wait...no, not Steve Jobs. I mean jobs, jobs.
That's been my focus for much of this year, as it has been for my committee, House Commerce & Economic Development.
We worked across party lines. We unanimously passed the Jobs Bill, S.288.
Its goal is straight-forward: create short-term and long-term jobs. It does so by investing $8.7 million of Federal stimulus funds on projects including:
- Broadband access for 12,000 Vermont homes and businesses
- More worker training programs
- Low-interest loans for qualifying businesses and farmers
- Investments in Farm-to-Plate and Farm-to-School
- Support for low-income Vermonters starting their own business
- Assistance for Vermont businesses affected by Champlain Bridge shut-down
- Investment in tourism